Hair loss is an unfortunate fact of life for so many people. Statistics show 40 million men and 21 million women suffer from thinning hair or male/female pattern baldness. Many people do not address their concerns because they either are not comfortable dealing with it or are not candidates for the traditional “strip method” of hair replacement. This method can be frustrating for some patients as it offers a slower recovery time, leaves a linear scar on the back of the head, causes a loss of feeling at the site of the incision, and results in a sizeable amount of pain following the procedure.
Thanks to a breakthrough technology, we are pleased to present the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method. This method utilizes the NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplantation System. NeoGraft is unique in the way it transplants hair follicles in groups of one to four hairs from the scalp. Only one to four hairs are transplanted at a time because this is how hair is naturally grouped together. They are then placed in the scalp areas where hair loss is occurring. Patients achieve natural looking results with minimal downtime and little discomfort.
- Superior Results and Flexibility: Natural looking results in both men and women allow for flexibility in wearing their hair long or short.
- • State-of-the-Art Technology: The automated technology used by the NeoGraft FUE system makes it the least invasive procedure available for permanent hair transplantation.
- Affordable: A variety of options are available to meet your financial needs.
- Effective: The NeoGraft FUE system requires fewer activity restrictions when compared to traditional strip methods.
- Gentle: Patients experience little to no discomfort during the procedure. There are no large scalpel incisions, no staples, and no unsightly linear scars.
- Short Recovery: The downtime is very minimal, as most patients can return to work the next day.
Depending on the number of grafts harvested, NeoGraft takes about three to eight hours to complete in just one day. During a typical procedure, donor harvesting and placement takes place during the first half of the day. During the harvesting process, the NeoGraft device extracts individual follicular groupings from the back of the scalp, which is anesthetized. This process takes about two to four hours and requires the patient to lie down. Following this stage, patients may take a break before beginning the donor hair placement process. Patients sit upright during this stage as the follicular groupings are inserted into the anesthetized frontal scalp via small injections.
In the first two weeks following the procedure, patients can expect their grafts to be slightly raised, as scabbing occurs over the first three to four days. As a result, patients must be careful in interacting with their scalp during these two weeks. Patients must use the “cup method” when showering to avoid forceful interactions. They must also be careful to protect the graphs from the sun and wind, as well as not disrupt them with their hands or other objects. Best of all, patients can return to work in just a couple of days and may return to more strenuous activities after 14 days. For convenience, patients can undergo NeoGraft on a Friday and be back at work on a Monday.
All risks associated with the NeoGraft FUE system are extremely rare. The potential risks are the same as any surgical procedure such as bleeding, adverse reaction to the anesthesia used, infection, and poor take of the transplanted graphs.
Ideal Candidates for NeoGraft
The first step to determining your candidacy is to consult with Dr. Clevens and his staff one-on-one. NeoGraft is suitable for both men and women. This procedure is also an ideal fit for patients with the following goals:
- Patients desiring the option of wearing a short haircut on the sides or back of their scalp.
- Patients desiring the least amount of activity restrictions following the procedure such as athletes.
- Patients desiring “scar camouflage” procedures, which is for those who had prior linear harvests including body hair transplants.
NeoGraft is performed in Dr. Clevens’ office, which is located at 707 W. Eau Gallie Blvd. in Melbourne, Florida.
Ready to get started? Contact us today to schedule a consultation!